GE Fanuc 90-30 communication module?

Grr

Thanks Steve. Im still not online. Im on com 1 baud is 19200 parity is odd 1 stop bit and 0 modem turnaround. These are the settings that were in the project folder.

Is there a procedure to go online after you put the serial settings in?
Also, under utilities to switch from ethernet to serial - there is only a serial setting and automatic. There is no SNP in there. Does that sound right?

Im so close but so far.

Have you ever been able to get online with any 90-30 using the same equioment? What are you running Logicmaster on? I have never had much luck using USB/serial converters with Logicmaster. Is there a chance that something else is using COM1? RSLinx used to have a habit of not relinquishing the COM port, even when RSLogix wasn't running.

LM90 and serial

So, Im running logic master 90 on windows XP. I know the software works and with ethernet connections to 9070 controllers. I have never hooked up to a GE 9030 before but Ive been using logic master for a few months now.

I purchased a serial cable special for the 9030 15 pin d-shell to 9 pin. It has been tested. We are not using a usb adaptor because that won't work with the 9030 - at least per PDF.

I do show com 1 in device manager whether im plugged into the serial port or not but I cant tell if its just available or if its for something internal. I have com 1 set up and it looks like its set up for serial but it has different serial parameters.
It was set up for serenum.sys driver and the baud and parity are different that the 19200 odd and 1.

How can you tell if your com 1 port is being used by something else? If I plug in the serial cable or pull it out, it doesn't change the com 1.....

After having established ethernet communications with your 90-70, did you switch Logicmaster communications from ethernet to serial for the 90-30?

There are two places in Logicmaster you need to check. The first is from the initial Logicmaster scree. Hit Setup (F9), then PLC Communications Options (F4) to select between ethernet and serial.
The other place is after you have started either the programming or configuration part of Logicmaster. From the programmer or configuration main screen after you have selected a project file hit setup (F7), then PLC Communication Serial Port Setup (F4) to choose which COM port to use and to change settings if necessary.

Some RS485/RS232 converters come equipped with LEDs that blink to indicate traffic on the serial line. If yours is so equipped, you will see steady blinking when a connection is established. When Logicmaster is trying to establish a connection but not getting a response you will see an occasional blink. If you don't see any blinking it's an indication that the COM port isn't functioning. Some CPU models like the CPU363 have similar LEDs to help diagnosing communications problems.

If you use RSLinx on the same computer, be sure to turn it off manually when you need to use Logicmaster serial communications.