GE fanuce serie 90-30

benimounen

could you explane me what should i do to get communication from DB15female connector in the power module of the GE fanuc serie 90-30 to my Db9 RS232 laptop port

cimplicity machine edition - PLC GE Fanuc 90-30

Hi! please.
icon10.gif
.. I want to make a backup of a program (upload from PLC) that is running in a PLC Ge Fanuc 90-30... with the Cimplicity Machine Edition software and I just can't make the connection...
icon8.gif
!!! the Tx and Rx leds of the DB15 conector are on! but it doesn't communicate with my lap top...

Am I doing something (or everything) wrong
icon9.gif
???

Are you connecting to the 15-pin port on the power supply in the same rack as the CPU module or the 15-pin port on the CPU module?

Are you using a RS485/RS232 converter or the cable depicted in the link I posted in post #3 of this thread?

What COM port is the target in your Proficy Machine Edition project set up to use? Is that port available? Some applications that use the COM port don't relinquish it even when the application is no longer in use. If you are using a USB/serial converter, be aware that many of them install themselves as COM5 or higher.

I have had a lot of these PLC's and one thing I have seen over and over is that the IC693PWR321 card goes bad and you can't make a connection. Try another IC693PWR321 Card.

Steve Bailey said:
What COM port is the target in your Proficy Machine Edition project set up to use? Is that port available? Some applications that use the COM port don't relinquish it even when the application is no longer in use. If you are using a USB/serial converter, be aware that many of them install themselves as COM5 or higher.

+1

Allen-Bradley never wants to let my com port go!

If you have WinXP.
Right-click My Computer, select 'Manage', locate 'Services' and in the services 'Stop' any Service that begins with RS.
You can also change them to 'Manual' instead of 'Automatic' then they will not start until you start the RS software instead of booting the PC.

Cimplicity Machine Edition - PLC GE Fanuc 90-30

Hi!!
icon10.gif
I'm connecting to the 15-pin port on the power supply with:
Horner APG, HE693SNP306AX RS232/RS485 converter (RS232 from my laptop COM1 to RS485). I thought that the cable was the problem.. I read that I had to use a RS232/RS422 converter.
icon5.gif

I don't see other port, only the one is in the power supply
icon9.gif
I'm using baud rate of 19200, with 9600 only the Tx led is on.
The Hardware configuration.... I think I'm not doing it well
icon4.gif
The PLC is: GE Fanuc IC693CHS391C 90-30 Series. CPU 331

I've communicated with a PLC Siemens with MicroWin STEP 7 and I have no problems
icon14.gif
icon10.gif

Thank you so much for your time
icon7.gif

Last edited: