GE LogicMaster90 display sixe

CalG

When loading LM90 Ver 9.04 on a Win 2000 machine, there are two options for the display screen size. Full screen and Window.

Full screen is obvious, and when in LM90, a touch of the special Windoz button on the keyboard minimizes the LM90 application and returns to the windoz display.
That works just fine,

but I thought I would try the application in "display in window" mode. All is well with that EXCEPT that the displayed window can not be resized by the customary mouse click and drag to size. (at least I have not been able to do it.)

Is there a Windoz function or an LM90 function to increase the disp[lay window size? These eyes just can't read that small print as quickly as they can the larger.

It's not that big a task to reload the application to get the full screen, but the "display in a window" scheme has it's advantages.

Anyone know how?

TIA

Cal

Last edited:
When loading LM90 Ver 9.04 on a Win 2000 machine, there are two options for the display screen size. Full screen and Window.

Full screen is obvious, and when in LM90, a touch of the special Windoz button on the keyboard minimizes the LM90 application and returns to the windoz display.
That works just fine,

but I thought I would try the application in "display in window" mode. All is well with that EXCEPT that the displayed window can not be resized by the customary mouse click and drag to size. (at least I have not been able to do it.)

Is there a Windoz function or an LM90 function to increase the disp[lay window size? These eyes just can't read that small print as quickly as they can the larger.

It's not that big a task to reload the application to get the full screen, but the "display in a window" scheme has it's advantages.

Anyone know how?

TIA

Cal

Update to the current Proficy Machine Edition and you can make it any size you want. :)

LM90 only has 2 window sizes. "Window" or "Full Screen". To get a "Window", just make sure you select windowed mode during install. The only way you can change the size of the winow is to change display resolution on your display. Or you can use Alt-Enter to see full screen.
I have search a lot of places (registry, .ini files.....etc) to change the size of the dos window but no luck. The dos window even has its own settings (right click upper right of dos window and go to properties) which helps a little but not much. The dos window gets bigger but LM90 stays the same size.
If you run 1024x768 or lower, it is not bad at all.
I run 1024x768 a lot.......old men can't see....lol.
I sort of like the window mode, it allows me to go in and out of LM90 to get to my desktop. I make notes in Notepad about rungs I am troubleshooting.

Last edited:
Update to the current Proficy Machine Edition and you can make it any size you want. :)

Be careful with that, we had an engineer here that chose to do this with his 90-30 PLC while the rest of us were using LM90.

Along with not sharing that little tidbit of information with us, he was the only one who had the Versa Pro software. Since the 90-30 gets its brains scrambled by the Versa Pro and can no longer be serviced with LM90, we couldn't do anything with it.

It remained down until his contractor (he didn't do any actual programming, he had a contractor for that :) ) showed up and got it going again.

Helpful souls that we are, we informed him (I was on second shift at the time) that until he broght that PLC back into compliance with the rest of the entire plant, he could expect more late night calls like the one he got that night. :)

Be careful with that, we had an engineer here that chose to do this with his 90-30 PLC while the rest of us were using LM90.

Along with not sharing that little tidbit of information with us, he was the only one who had the Versa Pro software. Since the 90-30 gets its brains scrambled by the Versa Pro and can no longer be serviced with LM90, we couldn't do anything with it.

It remained down until his contractor (he didn't do any actual programming, he had a contractor for that :) ) showed up and got it going again.

Helpful souls that we are, we informed him (I was on second shift at the time) that until he broght that PLC back into compliance with the rest of the entire plant, he could expect more late night calls like the one he got that night. :)
You are correct in that these systems are not backwards compatible, in most cases.
However:
Staying in the 90's with your OS is not very efficient either as your only help is a public forum, those who find this forum are fortunate to have people like you, Steve B. and a couple others who are willing and able to help.
For the rest it is like they are stuck in a different time zone along with those who still use DOS or Windows 95 for production software. Eventually they get stuck with incompatible hardware or software and have an "EMERGENCY!" trying to get it fixed. Most of the time this happens because the did not want to take the time to upgrade when it was "Free" (GE-IP (GE Fanuc) had a period where anyone could upgrade their software at zero cost for a limited time between each conversion.) Or they did not have a relationship with a good supplier at the time. The other issue I heard several times is that it was not easy to boot-leg a copy of VersaPro or Proficy like it was with LogicMaster90 and they did not want to purchase any licenses. Even today GEIP will sell an 'Upgrade' from LM90 to the latest version of Proficy ME at about 1/2 price.

It does not always make sense to upgrade a working system if it is not broke, but it does make sense to me anyway to maintain the tools needed to update them in case of a failure.

I wonder how many of those same people still use DOS versions of other software like AutoCAD or Lotu123, or Word Perfect?
Not that these were bad programs, it is just that it is more difficult and more expensive to maintain drivers for new hardware or integrate them into modern software if the OS is not kept up-to-date, I even do that on our Linux based hardware.
Like 'Insurance' you may never need it but, IMHO it just makes good economical sense to stay current, pay me now or pay me later. :D

You are correct in that these systems are not backwards compatible, in most cases.
However:
Staying in the 90's with your OS is not very efficient either as your only help is a public forum, those who find this forum are fortunate to have people like you, Steve B. and a couple others who are willing and able to help.

Oh don't get me wrong, it's definitely time to move away from the old LM90 software, just be sure to get buyin from anyone else working on the system.

I'm not sure that the PCs built these days will even run DOS. Which makes you wonder how guys are coping with the Series Six and its need for ANSI.SYS.

Oh don't get me wrong, it's definitely time to move away from the old LM90 software, just be sure to get buyin from anyone else working on the system.

I'm not sure that the PCs built these days will even run DOS. Which makes you wonder how guys are coping with the Series Six and its need for ANSI.SYS.

Only the "Good" survive in this jungle! :D