GE quickpanel to AB PLC comm question

tomalbright

I have GE touchscreens as a replacement for Rockwell 6181-type panels. (I know, I keep having issues with these - but anyway...) Now I have completed two installations of touchscreens, solved some update problems, and things are fine. Almost.

When issuing a command, it goes to the PLC immediately. However, status changes can take a very long time to be seen by the panel.

Software used is Cimplicity/Proficy ME View, using GE's driver for AB TCPIP. Has anyone ever seen this problem? I suspect it's a driver issue, but it could simply be scan time of 3000 points.

I tried using "conditional scan" which is supposed to only scan points on-screen, but that failed miserably. My boss suggested possibly breaking the PLC point into more nodes, and scanning some more, some less often depending on their priority. That may be an option, but I would like to see if there are other possibilities first. There aren't many "non-critical" items.

Thanks as always for the good replies I know I'll get!

Updating you Proficy ME software to the latest version (5.60) will give you the latest version of the AB-TCP/IP driver which has improved update speed complaints.