GE Rx3i and ENIU

Dua Anjing

I am attempting to set up a project using a GE Rx3i CPU with a remote rack controlled by an NIU. I have downloaded the example Zip files fromGE's web-site and installed them as per documentation. My system is simple only a single NIU. But when I set up the Remote Rack in GE Proficy ME it set up variables for NIU's 2 thru to 47 and for two lan's (Lan_a and Lan_b) now when I verify my program I get multiple warnings about "type mismatch between variable and instruction" and all of them are i in the locked program blocks that were download from GE's site. Did I use the wrong download ? How can I get rid of these warnings and all of the unneccesary variables ?

It sounds like you used the wrong download, maybe the one for a redundant system? Based on what you have told us you need the first one listed below.
Load the template, delete the ones you don't need/want then download to your ENIU.

The template sets are:
RX3i (Single Controller) – Single Lan- 10 ENIUs (RX3i_SCSL_10_v140.ZIP)
RX3i (Single Controller) – Single Lan- 20 ENIUs (RX3i_SCSL_20_v140.ZIP)
RX7i (Single Controller) – Single Lan- 10 ENIUs (RX7i_SCSL_10_v140.ZIP)
RX7i (Single Controller) – Single Lan- 20 ENIUs (RX7i_SCSL_20_v140.ZIP)
RX3i (Redundant Controllers) – Single Lan – 10 ENIUs (RX3i_RCSL_10_v140.zip)
RX3i (Redundant Controllers) – Single Lan – 20 ENIUs (RX3i_RCSL_20_v140.zip)
RX7i (Redundant Controllers) – Single Lan – 10 ENIUs (RX7i_RCSL_10_v140.zip)
RX7i (Redundant Controllers) – Single Lan – 20 ENIUs (RX7i_RCSL_20_v140.zip)
RX7i (Redundant Controllers) – Dual Lan – 10 ENIUs (RX7i_ RCDL_10_v140.zip)
RX7i (Redundant Controllers) – Dual Lan – 20 ENIUs (RX7i_ RCDL_20_v140.zip)
RX3i (Redundant Controllers) – Dual Lan – 10 ENIUs (RX3i_ RCDL_10_v140.zip)
RX3i (Redundant Controllers) – Dual Lan – 20 ENIUs (RX3i_ RCDL_20_v140.zip)

Last edited:
I used the first one (RX3i_SCSL_10_V140.ZIP). I even did it again on a "new" project. I restored the project from the one located in zip file (_CTL_RX3i_SCSL_10_v140) and the sat back and watched as "it" created the variables and some logic routines. It has in it a group of program blocks called "ENIU_Interface" it also has variables that reference ENIU01 thru to ENIU47. When I right mouse click on these variable the delete option is greyed out.

Dua Anjing

These are all settings in Machine Edition. First you need to Go to Options tab in The Navigator Window. There you will find setting about warnings Errors Ect. Set up Machine edition For your Needs. Second you cannot delete used Variables. The only way to delete Variables is tou click on Variables at the top and Delete unused Variables. Type mismatch between Variable and Instruction is common and doesnt cause problems.