GE RXi industrial PC

clm41286

Hello everyone. I am working on a GE 90-30 plc. I have a CIMPLICITY PE project running on a windows ME desktop pc. I am looking to replace the desktop pc with a GE RXi industrial PC.

Q1: Has anyone had experience with using one of these in a shop setting.

Q2: Are these a reliable option to replace a desktop PC.

Thank you!

The GE RXi is not an industrial PC, it was a failed attempt to supply a stand alone RX3i CPU with Profinet. Go back to your dealer to get clarification.
GE does make an excellent line of SBC powered Industrial computers.

My main customer has started using them for OEE monitoring and has us install them inside our control enclosures. I don't see any of that software so I can't say what their experience has been.

I just went out to check the sticker. It says

ICRXIBN7E001A-BB
RXi Box IPC 32 GB SSD
Win 7 Pro
24V DC 1.8 A

It looks like a tidy little machine, suitable for panel mounting, with the ports all on the bottom so you don't drop stuff in them.

With small SSDs you aren't going to be running monster desktop programs but it looks like it would be fine for a modest HMI.

My main customer has started using them for OEE monitoring and has us install them inside our control enclosures. I don't see any of that software so I can't say what their experience has been.

I just went out to check the sticker. It says

ICRXIBN7E001A-BB
RXi Box IPC 32 GB SSD
Win 7 Pro
24V DC 1.8 A

It looks like a tidy little machine, suitable for panel mounting, with the ports all on the bottom so you don't drop stuff in them.

With small SSDs you aren't going to be running monster desktop programs but it looks like it would be fine for a modest HMI.

That is precisely the unit i was looking into using instead of a desktop PC.