GE Versamax PLC going onlline

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day all. I am trying to go online to upload a project that is in a GE Versamax Micro (IC200UDR140-DC) using a cable (IC200CBL500A) and a serial to USB converter. I have no experience with this software and loaded it new today. The PLC that I am trying to upload from has been in place for about two years. I have read the book that came with the software and looked at a video on Youtube but I still can't get this to go online. I attached to screenshots to show what is happening. It appears to attempt to go online and then pops-up the error.

Be sure that your USB adaptor is using the port shown for PME to use.
The default parameters are 19.2 k baud, Odd parity, 8 stop bits.
Was there a modem attached to the PLC? Then try 9600 baud, No parity.
If you have the proper project the hardware config will tell you for sure what parameters to use.

Be sure that your USB adaptor is using the port shown for PME to use.
The default parameters are 19.2 k baud, Odd parity, 8 stop bits.
Was there a modem attached to the PLC? Then try 9600 baud, No parity.
If you have the proper project the hardware config will tell you for sure what parameters to use.

I will try it again. As far as the modem, no. It is USB to processor.

The IC200CBL500 connects to port 1 on the PLC. You showed a screenshot of the configuration of port 2. The "Port Mode" parameter for the PLC port you're using to communicate should be "SNP". If the file you opened is accurate and the port configuration is not "SNP", you may need to connect through a different port. A configuration of "Serial I/O" is typically used when you need to connect a barcode scanner or some other serial device to the PLC.

When you display the properties of the target in Machine edition, one of the fields is labeled "Physical Port". Make sure that it is set for the same COM port as your USB/serial converter.