GE versapro logic ?

jcraft

HI all,
Question regarding a program in Versapro. BEar with me as I just do basic programming updates and troubleshooting. THis program is on a machine and has been in operation and running for years. Operator had an issue with machine freezing up and they rehomed . Part of the system would not home and was froze. Going into the program there was a rung that has to be set in order for the rest of the system to home. The rung has a set coil in it ( %m13), all the conditional bits in the rung were true however the bit was not turning on. I forced on and the machine homed normal. I unforced and downloaded program again but this didn't help. So I went in and re-addressed the %M13 bit to %m3535 and re-downloaded. This worked and the machine homed as it should. I went back in just to see and re-addressed it back to %m13 and it also worked again. Any ideas why a memory location would freeze like this. Also when looking at the rungs for the reset coil. it shows the reset coil on ( in red) even though the rung is not true for the reset coil. Shouldn't the resett coil only come on when the rung is all true. MAybe someone can touch on that. Thanks

Hi,
Search for 13M (%M00013 ) and see if the set and reset coil
are not used in more then 1 place or in the way that conflict
can happen

tamir

I already checked this, while there are many contacts used from the M13 coil, there is only one reset and one set coil associated with m13 in the program.

I don't recall the default coloring for VersaPro, (have not used it in years) but could it be that the %M13 Reset coil is in "OverRide" (Force), was it Red AND Underlined?
Also do an "Implicit" search to verify that %M13 is not part of Function writing to it as part of a Word or Array.
You may also want to verify that an outside source is not writing to it, like an HMI or SCADA software.

If the part of this program is in not in MAIN-LD and is in subroutine then check that the CALL for this subroutine is active.

Thanks,

I did hear this from someone else as well. I didn't realize if an entire rung was true the coil will not activate unless the subroutine/block was called. That may have been what was happening.