General Motors PLC Assessment (Journeyman Electricians)

MussDog

All,
General Motors Corporation utilizes an PLC assessment for individuals applying for Journeyman Electrician positions. They utilize a 3rd party to supply a PLC "Test Rack" (in fact the company supplying the hardware might even be called, "Test Rack"). Can anyone with any certainly tell me what Allen-Bradley series/model/software that candidates are being assessed on? TIA.

This sounds like an Arlington thing, I just got off of the phone with one of the electricians at the Spring Hill plant and asked him about it. I had never heard of that being done a SH, and neither had he.

Sooo, find yourself an inside man (or woman) and get the scoop from them. I don't think that I know anyone from Arlington, and I retired in 2015, so I wouldn't be of much use.

This sounds like an Arlington thing, I just got off of the phone with one of the electricians at the Spring Hill plant and asked him about it. I had never heard of that being done a SH, and neither had he.

Sooo, find yourself an inside man (or woman) and get the scoop from them. I don't think that I know anyone from Arlington, and I retired in 2015, so I wouldn't be of much use.

I absolutely agree with you.

Peterbilt in Denton used everything from PLC5 to ControlLogix PLCs...don't have a clue how updated GM may be.
You may, if you have enough time, get somewhat familiar with ControlLogix, CompactLogix, SLC, and Micrologix PLC platforms and RSLogix500 and Studio 5000 software applications. Lot to cover there, I know!

Good Luck!