Generating values in Factory Talk for local message display

Sinewave

Hi there, I am new to the world of PLC/HMI programming, an i am trying to use a local message display to show what page i am on without me having to manually type the page names in on the headers every time i make a new page, how would i go about triggering a value for the local message display to show what page im on? many thanks

Hi,

Check the reply I gave in this thread. You can easily set up a Global Connection to report the current screen number. You will need to ensure all your screens are numbered uniquely as the default is 1...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=84625

This will give the screen number as an integer which, if you need it, can be embedded in your local message display either as a tag or directly.

Not sure what PLC you are using, but the screen shots I posted are for a Logix5000 platform, but the principle is the same for Logix500.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Hi there Rob, I am using a compactlogix with RSLogix 5000 for a MACC station (no make as it was built in house) but all Allen Bradley

Thanks for your reply I will try and put this in to action tomorrow morning :)