generic rs232 to ethernet eds file

veoteveo

Hello,

I have generic converter and would like a eds file to run with rslinx.

Is there one available?

Shortcuts so rslinx can recognize it?

thanks!

Is this a device that is advertised to support EtherNet/IP ?

If so, it should already have an EDS file. You could create one by hand or using the EZ-EDS software from the ODVA, that would only include the Identity Object. This would allow RSLinx to "see" the device in a browse.

If not, an EDS file will not affect the way RSLinx treats the device.

created a eds file with EZ-EDS, but still unable to get rslinx to recognize it *yellow with an X). I could be missing something. suggestions?

My converter is generic and the company in china does not provide a eds.
I bought another one, and still no success. they are cheap 40usd each.

Can rslinx recognise a virtual serial port of the PC.

My converter is serial to ethernet. Anyone tried this? What works?
The serial end will connect to a mettler panther display,

I want to avoid the cost of a mettler converter to ethernet that costs
1000usd each and i need 16.