Getting Error while updating firmware version

pmbreddy

I am getting the below mentioned error while updating firmware of MLX1100B using control flash software. The error is as given below

11/09/12 01:52:53 [FAILURE] Update: Command ignored, controller is not in the correct state.
DTL_E_FAIL, I/O completed with errors

11/09/12 01:52:53 [FAILURE] Update: Error Code: 24 Extended Error Code: 523 Context: 4

11/09/12 01:53:02 [FAILURE] Update: Instance = 1, Size = 490900 byte(s), Chunk Size = N/A.

However I have controller setup in PROGRAM mode only.

Help in correcting this and updating firmware properly in MLX1100B.

I am getting the below mentioned error while updating firmware of MLX1100B using control flash software. The error is as given below

11/09/12 01:52:53 [FAILURE] Update: Command ignored, controller is not in the correct state.
DTL_E_FAIL, I/O completed with errors

11/09/12 01:52:53 [FAILURE] Update: Error Code: 24 Extended Error Code: 523 Context: 4

11/09/12 01:53:02 [FAILURE] Update: Instance = 1, Size = 490900 byte(s), Chunk Size = N/A.

However I have controller setup in PROGRAM mode only.

Help in correcting this and updating firmware properly in MLX1100B.

What is the full information on your ML1100 including FRN, basically everything on the Label.

What Version of ControlFlash are you using.

What kind of PC and how many CPU Cores on it.

What Operating System and Service Pack on your PC.

These questions may seem confusing, but I am looking at an AB/RA Tech Note that may apply to your case, and these are some of the issues referred to in it.

Stu....

I am using below mentioned versions
Control Flash Version: 10.11
Existing Firmware version: FRN 5
Updating To: FRN 12
Single CPU
Win XP SP3

I am using below mentioned versions
Control Flash Version: 10.11
Existing Firmware version: FRN 5
Updating To: FRN 12
Single CPU
Win XP SP3

Ok, this Tech Note doesn't seem to apply to your case, although it was the same error. I will keep searching for a solution.

Stu....

Are you trying to Update the Firmware through the Serial Port or the Ethernet Port?

Are you selecting 1763-LEC in ControlFlash?

Stu....

I was having the same exact issue until I stumbled across this thread. I was trying to do the same thing pmbreddy was doing, trying to update firmware over Ethernet. I tried again over serial/DF1 and all my problems went away. Thanks!

I was having the same exact issue until I stumbled across this thread. I was trying to do the same thing pmbreddy was doing, trying to update firmware over Ethernet. I tried again over serial/DF1 and all my problems went away. Thanks!

I am glad to hear it helped you out.

Stu....