GFX file

angi

Hi guys

there are some question about GFX file in PV+ application:
1. the screen is saved as .GFX file, i need to send the display to client, but they do not have the FT View Studio to open the file, could i chang GFX to JPG, how to do that?
2. i am using FT View studio to configurate a HMI terminator, where do the GFX file be saved on my PC?

thanks

open the screen on your computer and use the print screen button then open Paint and paste. Then save Paint file as a JPEG and send that.

Note: Using the Alt + Print Screen will Print only active screen on computer. Using the just the Print Screen will copy everything shown on you desktop.

Last edited:
The *.GFX files contain individual Displays: the Display size and shape and behavior, all the graphical objects, and all of their configuration settings. They're stored in a specific project folder in the project directory by FactoryTalk View Studio.

In general you don't have to manually manipulate them or move them around, but you could take a GFX file from one project and insert it into another. That's one way to "sharing" or moving a Display from one project to another.

What exactly do you mean by "send the display to the client" ?

If the Client does not have FactoryTalk View, the GFX file is of no use to them.

If they just want to see what the Display looks like, I agree: take a screenshot using Alt-PrintScreen.