going online with slc 5 and HMI

jeepman

Im trying to figure out how to go online with a slc 5/02 and a proface touch screen at the same time, I want to be able to be online while the touch screen is plugged in to be able to trouble shoot. Do I need an AIC? Thank you

I believe you will need 2 of these units. power will also be required.

the 2 will communicate between the wiring.
one unit will have the hmi and plc connections.
the second will have your pc plugged into the unit.

its been years since I did this, so please verify my statements.

james

I spoke with someone that says the plc is on channel 1 the hmi is on channel 0, so I need to change rslinx to channel 5 and add a splitter. Ill give this a try, im wondering if I can hardwire a splitter?

I spoke with someone that says the plc is on channel 1 the hmi is on channel 0, so I need to change rslinx to channel 5 and add a splitter. Ill give this a try, im wondering if I can hardwire a splitter?

The SLC5/02 only has one comm port ( DH485).

Are you talking about an AIC?

Is the HMI talking to the SLC now?

Tell us what hardware and cables you have now. And how you plan to connect to your PC/Laptop. ( Real serial port?, USB port?)

See link for the AIC manual if you need it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...S6EO3n7Y_amsAQaQg&sig2=DcR6XIduPoQ3k1VHzqCpLw

Last edited:
Yes the hmi is currently talking to the Plc, I'm using a uic between laptop and Plc via dh485. He didn't specify on what switch I need.

Yes the hmi is currently talking to the Plc, I'm using a uic between laptop and Plc via dh485. He didn't specify on what switch I need.

Then the above posted 1761-NET-AIC (two of them) and the proper cables ( see the manual) should get you there.