good afternoon,everyone,for the JSR INSTRUCTION

I am trying to use the JSR instruction to control 2 defferent sequences, it requires sequence 1 continously running when selector switch is on after start button is pressed.
and sequence 2 will continously running when selector swithc is off after start button is pressed.
but,changing the selector switch after sequence starts will have no effect.
my question is that how to achieve the requirement of changing the selector switch after sequence starts will have no effect when using the JSR instruction?

You could have two bits enable-jsr1 and enable-jsr2.

selector switch and start and not enable-jsr2 turns on enable-jsr1, which retains itself until either sequence is complete or stop.

not selector switch and start and not enable-jsr1 turns on enable-jsr2, which retains itself until either sequence is complete or stop.

edit: 1st post with new hometown and country :whistle:

Last edited:
Try this (or something like it), just remember that you need to unlatch them at some point

SLCjsr.gif

My Feeble Attempt.

To Stop the Sequence (SUB one or SUB Two from running you will need to unlatch B3:0/0 in rung 0 of MAIN.

MAIN.jpg

SUB1.jpg

SUB2.jpg

504Bloke, Advance to Go and collect your salary.:D

GIT, go directly to jail! :eek: Your program does not seem to prevent the selector switch from switching between the two routines.

Last edited:
geniusintraining said:
Try this (or something like it)

My get out of jail card is bold :D ....

must have disclaimers :p

EDIT: I read it again, I still dont see where the OP says I only want one scan to run at a time????...

Last edited:
Automation,

Did you do it like PeterW and 504Bloke showed you? I think it should work. Which requirement could you not get?

Lancie1 said:
504Bloke, Advance to Go and collect your salary.:D GIT, go directly to jail!:eek: Your program does not seem to prevent the selector switch from switching between the two routines.

I thought GIT had put that in as a deliberate mistake :)

I didnt feel it my place to knock his confidence ;)

EDIT for GIT: "changing the selector switch after sequence starts will have no effect."

Last edited:
automation.robotics said:
the way you said here, I tried, it seems that only can acheive the requirement of one sequence, that other sequence rquirement can not get it.

I didnt test mine but cannot see why it shouldnt work......

What doesnt work exactly ?