Graphics issue in Studio5k

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. I tried to create a message instruction in RSL5k v.20 and part of the dialog window is cut off. I don't have a ton of experience with these so I am not exactly sure what is cut off. I haven't had this happen for anything else with this software however, it does happen FTView Studio all the time. I contacted AB tech support they said it was a Microsoft issue. I contacted Microsoft and they said it was a Dell (laptop) issue. I contacted Dell and they told me it was a software issue (RS) issue. I am in an endless loop here and hope that someone here might be able to help. This is a screenshot of what I am seeing. Capture.PNG

Under the Windows Display settings, check your scale setting. I always leave mine at 100% and haven't had problems, but several others have had similar issues in FTView when it is higher.

See QA13028 - Access level Techconnect

I personally use workaround 2:
Customers can try to implement the fix described in Microsoft Article (no longer available).

Here are registry changes proposed in this article

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]
"MS Sans Serif 8,10,12,14,18,24"="SSERIFE.FON"
"MS Serif 8,10,12,14,18,24"="SERIFE.FON"
"Courier 10,12,15"="COURE.FON"

Note: Reboot required after changes have been made.

I assume it should work in Windows 10.
I recall reading this Microsoft Article long time ago and it worked on my computer in Windows 7.