Gx Developer - Boot file

martin1

Hi,

I am getting the following message when I verify my project in Gx Developer IEC. What does "Boot file not identical" mean?
I am reluctant to do a download until I fully understand.

2020-10-31 15_43_08-Window.png

Hi,

I am getting the following message when I verify my project in Gx Developer IEC. What does "Boot file not identical" mean?
I am reluctant to do a download until I fully understand.

Hi Martin1,

Are you using a MELSEC memory card?

Normally I have never seen this, however when you complete a verify- it may also verify (if) the memory card is present and boot file enabled and configured.

Regards

Daniel

The settings in the PLC Parameter are different from your file, The boot file is difficult to understand but it decides if it transfers the program from a memory card to ram & vice versa, I also have never used it and the chinenglish manual gives no real explanation well not easy to understand. I suggest you save your file you have as a back up then upload from the PLC the PLC Parameter then do a comparison it should work. You will also be able to see what the difference is by opening the PLC Parameter settings and compare with what your original file has. see pic.
By default, the boot section is not enabled so everything is in standard ram, but different parts of the data can be transferred to or from Ram/Rom on start up.

Parameter.png

Thanks for the info above.

I had a look there and the PLC file is setup to Boot from standard ROM.
I have two options when I try to upload

Screenshot 2020-11-01 17.23.18.png

Yes I understand but you must upload the parameter file so your project contains the information or if you loose your PLC and have to replace it then it will run everything in RAM, not a problem as far as I can see but it would make sense to have your backup synchronised with what is in the PLC. I also suggest you upload the program memory (The "D" registers) this will take a snapshot of the data contained within it, however, I suggest you do this when the system is idle i.e. machine not running.