GX IEC Developer - Verify query

Andy1983

Hi,

I guess this has come up before, I've had a quick search and I cant find the answer though...

I have a scenario where I have a Q02 processor running some code, I have what is believed to be a copy of the software being run. When I try to go online to monitor the code I get told that the two versions (offline & in the processor) are not consistent. it just tells me when each version of the code was generated.

This happens a lot on the Allen Bradley PLCs I work on - and in logix 500 there is facility to compare both version of the code side by side and see the differences. what I need to know is how can I do a similar trick with IEC GX Developer V7.04?

I'm fairly sure that I cant do the comparison like Allen Bradley does - but just knowing which ladder/rung differs would be a good start? I think I watched someone find this info out one time - but this was a while ago and I cant seem to get that level of info?

Andy

I think Project-Transfer-Verify is what you want (if I remember correctly). I think it will show you the differences in instruction list).

I think Project-Transfer-Verify is what you want (if I remember correctly). I think it will show you the differences in instruction list).

You are correct. If you go to the online tab in GX Works2 and select verify with PLC, it will compare the program you have versus the one in the processor. The results are in instruction list form, but you can double click on any difference and jump to it in the ladder.

Hope this helps,
Dave