Handling Strings in Siemens S7

Thanks L D + Jesper. I get what u mean. I would have about 30 different strings.
I can store them first and copy them to my db when I need to. D'ont know
why i didnt think of this before. Thanks guys

Hi I cant speak for the op but I have had to do this for a customer as a feature for the 'future' when they were going to fit an HMI. Alternatively the system maybe being connected to a scada that is going to pick up that value for logging or visualisation.

Cheers

If you are not using a HMI, what is the purpose of the string ?
Someone needs to invent a nifty "text to voice" output module. And I mean that it should generate the voice sounds automatically by the text. And the output should be line out to an amplifier.
Would be awesome.
Voice selectable "HAL 2001" or "Steven Hawkins".

Originally Posted by L D[AR2,P#0.0]
If you are not using a HMI, what is the purpose of the string ?

Maybe for a printer?

Someone needs to invent a nifty "text to voice" output module. And I mean that it should generate the voice sounds automatically by the text. And the output should be line out to an amplifier.
Would be awesome.
Voice selectable "HAL 2001" or "Steven Hawkins".

I'm already doing that. I convert the fault bits to a text file and copy it to the clipboard, where it is annuniciated. Works like a charm

data accessing problem

can u please help on
client and server problem
actually what happen i use tridonic windim net opc server and tca vista i.e over inbuild client
vis opc easy coonect suit
while connectivity its shows good
gives all tag values
but after few second it disappers
so cant recognise exact problem.

and also it shows good connectivity with softing opc client but not allow to read and write access..

what to dooo
please help