HC900 communicaton InTouch SCADA

_V_

Hello guys,

Can anyone help me on how to communicate from the honeywell PLC HC900 to the SCADA software from AVEVA the InTouch software ?

Thank you to everyone that helps <3

It is Modbus TCP communications.
IP address is configured in Controller (CPU) under utilities tab in HC900 CCC (Continuous Control Chart)
Each function block in the HC900 CCC shows a Modbus Address.

I have had issues talking to the HC900 with the Modbus TCP IO server from Intouch. I use the HC900 IO Server from Software Toolbox.
Maybe someone else can chime in about any issues they have had with the Intouch MB IO Server talking to HC900.

Can a generic Windows Modbus Client like Modscan, Modpoll or Simply Modbus see non-zero values from the same HC900 Registers?

Yes, a simple application can read all the values from the variables in the HC900, but the Intouch software only reads zeros.

Any suggestion ?

It sounds to me like there is an offset, common in MB, are you sure you are reading the correct registers or the mapping is correct i.e. MB registers to PLC registers ?.

On the modbus map of the HC900 plc I am putting the analog variable and it goes to the address for example 45063. On the Intouch software I put the 45063 F (f stands for float), and it communicates but only read 0. I am putting the value 1234 on that Analog variable but I only read 0. And it is strange because I do the same thing in a software called Modbus Poll and it works, I can even write on the variable using that software.

Long time since I did MB, however, I have come across the following MB can be a base address of 0 or 1 this means when actually addressing say 4000 you need to have an offset of 1 so you read 4001, or the other way round (cannot remember now).
Another one I came across is that on some systems the bytes or words are reversed so a float might show up as 0 or some ridiculous figure.
The only other thing is depending on the float is it 32 or 64 bit i.e. are you reading a 64 bit as a 32 bit or vice versa, or even the Scada variable is set to standard float or precision float (32/64). I have definitely had problems on all the above.
Attached is a screen shot showing some registers D0 (+D1) equal a single prescision float.
D4-D7 are a double precision float now also shown are the values of the individula registers & you can see that some values are reading typically 0 even though the registers are configured as single & double. so it is possible you could be reading either reversed registers or a single versus a double.

Double Vs Single.png