HC900 Modbus TCP anomaly reading

For increase the counter limit i can also use a second counter for count the addition factor (counter 1 + (counter 2 * 1000000) ) for example.

It's enoght 12 hours for compare ther registers ? On HCD i can see every addition, every step but on the client i see the value registered 12 our before.

Can you see in the image the value of the counter ? In the client i can see a value always lower (how is possible when on HSC i see that blocks run ad the value increased).

Ennio

SOLVED

It was difficult receive a information from Honeywell support, but they send me a trace to find the solution.

The customer can't stop HC900 to set the correct order byte (Big/Little endian).

So with the client modbus and another modbus tool we started to try the right byte order and ther right address because with a shift of -2 from manual, we intercepted probably the mantissa of float register with a CDAB order.

The solution is a ABCD byte order and a shift of -1 from manual to find the right value in modbus register.

Ennio
Thank you to everybody

You don't have to stop the processor to change the Modbus TCP Double Register format.

Also, I'm surprised that the Client doesn't have the capability to adapt without touching the processor.

If you are "shifting from the manual" then you are working around an issue in the client not the processor. The manual is very thorough in providing information regarding how it handles Modbus Registers.

I'm glad that you are satisfied with your solution, but I want anyone who follows this thread to know that there are (4) word\byte order options available in the HC900 for situations where the client is not flexible enough to use the HC900's default. The manual for the HC900 is very good at providing both the Decimal and Hexadecimal Registers and you have the ability to build your own maps as well.