help! Citect numeric decimal display

Marie

Hello guys,

I have a serious problem in my Citect application. I am using the "Input" property of a numeric display because I want the operator to be able to set a value with the interface. My key sequence is "####.# ENTER" and my command is "tag1 = ARGVALUE1". The variable "tag1" format is ####.# and the format in the display is ####.#

However, when the operator enters for example 1234.5 , it's 1234.0 that is displayed. If we set the value 1234.5 in the PLC via Step7, the right number is displayed.

Any help would be appreciated...

Marie

It's been a while since I've used Citect but here are a couple of things to check... some of which you seem to have covered.

1) Is the format displayed on the Page in graphics builder that which is desired?
2) Ditto for the 'Appearance' of 'Display Value' in the 'Text Property' of the value you want to see within graphics builder? (Access this by double clicking on the text within graphics builder).
3) Ditto for the format of the variable within the variable.dbf

Hope this helps. I know Citect can be a little quirky but it is pretty awesome.

Good luck.

Hi Marie,
You need to change your Citect input
to ####### ENTER rather than ####.# ENTER

The ########'s simply represent entered keystrokes.

Good luck with it.
Regards...........John Gaunt