Help! Converting float to bcd in Logix5000

saltykarp

Can someone help...?

In Logix5000, I am trying to convert float/real numbers to bcd. I used a TOD function to convert a binary to bcd. So if I put in an 12 (0000 0000 0000 1100), I would get in bcd: 0000 0000 0001 0010.

But how would a float number work? How would I do it if I needed get a bcd from a number such as 128.44?

Then I would take that number and display it on a BCD-7 seg display.

Thanks

Is the decimal in a fixed location on the 7-segment display ?

If so it seems you'd just multiply by 100, then convert to BCD.

Explain more about what you actually want to display.

I have a real number input to my system. This number will be displayed in a bcc-7 seg LCD display. The number will have a decimal point. There are 5 digits and the decimal is fixed allowing 3 places after the decimal. The number could be 12.200 or .654, etc.

Is there a conversion to make decimal numbers to bcd? If so, how? And I would probably need to truncate it to fit my desired size for my LCD display

Multiply the float by 1000.0 then MOV it to a DINT. That may round (depending on what is left after the decimal point) but at least you will have within .001 of the original value. Let the TOD operate on that. Then send the 4 bit sections to the appropriate digit. It depends on your display setup on how that last is done.