Help finding replac. for obsolete part

Thanks for the info. I forgot to mention that the machines attached to these RIO units are ancient ammonia compressors where every single piece of control devices in them are base on 120V ac source.

So I need a device that will not require a major overhauled to the existing system and it also has to work on AC control voltages and Remote I/O communication.

I'm looking at this configuration,

Modules:
1794-OA8
1794-IA8

Adapter:
1794-ASB2

Terminal Base:
???

Here is where I need some help, because I can't understand which base I need to use since they are either 16 or 32 I/O points. I'm using two separate modules, so I figure I needed two 8 I/O point bases, correct, but they don't have 8 I/O point bases..

Last edited:
In general for 8-point modules use terminal base part number 1794-TBN.

There are 8-point fused Output bases you can use if you want the onboard fusing, 1794-TBNF.

I think the 1794-ASB2 was discontinued some time ago; its role was exactly this, to transition RIO Block I/O users to FLEX, around 1996.

The 1794-SG002 Selection Guide has all the terminal block and compatibility data you need. 1794-IN092 is the Installation Guide with better pictures of the terminal blocks.

Yes.

Look closely at the 1794-TBN: you will see it has two rows of 10 terminals:

8 terminals for the 2-wire AC devices, and one on each side to daisy-chain the power bus.