help! help! slc505, PV communication on Ethernet

johnli

hi, everybody
I am a new in this field. I have question and hope get expert help!!!
when I use panelbuild32 set a start botton and I set write tag as start and address I:2.1/1 , I edit tag by useing Controller Address.but when I validate, it say: illegal address reference. what's wrong? according to instruction:"
Controller Address
When Controller Address is selected, the PanelView initiates communications directly to the logic controller addresses. The PanelView reads data from or writes data to a PLC-5E, SLC 5/05, MicroLogix/FlexLogix/CompactLogix through a 1761-ENET-ENI module, or ControlLogix 5000 through the 1756-ENET/B or ENBx module. The controller is pre-configured in the Terminal Setup/Communication Setup dialog. You must specify the Node Name of the target Ethernet node for read or write operations.:
it should be when I use I:2.1/1 in slc ladder logic, here I should use same address( I:2.1/1)
hope get some advice!

hi, everybody
I am a new in this field. I have question and hope get expert help!!!
when I use panelbuild32 set a start botton and I set write tag as start and address I:2.1/1 , I edit tag by useing Controller Address.but when I validate, it say: illegal address reference. what's wrong? according to instruction:"
Controller Address
When Controller Address is selected, the PanelView initiates communications directly to the logic controller addresses. The PanelView reads data from or writes data to a PLC-5E, SLC 5/05, MicroLogix/FlexLogix/CompactLogix through a 1761-ENET-ENI module, or ControlLogix 5000 through the 1756-ENET/B or ENBx module. The controller is pre-configured in the Terminal Setup/Communication Setup dialog. You must specify the Node Name of the target Ethernet node for read or write operations.:
it should be when I use I:2.1/1 in slc ladder logic, here I should use same address( I:2.1/1)
hope get some advice!

Please post the exact model of your PanelView.

You can't set I/O Addresses with Ethernet, Serial, DH+ etc. You need to pick a Bit File (Bx), or an Integer File (Nx), and then use that in your PLC Program. The only way that a PanelView can change an I/O Address is if it is being scanned as I/O with RIO, or Devicenet etc.

Stu.....

You can't set I/O Addresses with Ethernet, Serial, DH+ etc. You need to pick a Bit File (Bx), or an Integer File (Nx), and then use that in your PLC Program. The only way that a PanelView can change an I/O Address is if it is being scanned as I/O with RIO, or Devicenet etc.

Stu.....
thank you very much! I will try later
thank again

Stu.....
but when I creat a multistate indicator, I set read tag: value address N7:1, when valiate, it say: bit must have a "/". I set a word not a bit.
do you any idea about this?

but when I creat a multistate indicator, I set read tag: value address N7:1, when valiate, it say: bit must have a "/". I set a word not a bit.
do you any idea about this?

Again, I must ask the exact model number of your PanelView.
Are you using Panelbuild32?

If it is asking you to specify to the Bit level, it must be something in your Multistate Indicator setup. If you are using Panelbuilder, can you post your file? (Zip it first)

Stu.....

If it is asking you to specify to the Bit level, it must be something in your Multistate Indicator setup. If you are using Panelbuilder, can you post your file? (Zip it first)

Stu.....
yes I use panelbuild32

Stu.....
see my picture

2.jpg 3.jpg 1.jpg

see my picture

Well, you didn't answer my questions very well, but if you look at the jpgs you posted. You will see that you have the Data Type set to Bit, that is why it is expecting the "/". Change your Tag to Unsigned Integer as you specified in the Multistate Indicator, and it should Validate.

Stu.....

Well, you didn't answer my questions very well, but if you look at the jpgs you posted. You will see that you have the Data Type set to Bit, that is why it is expecting the "/". Change your Tag to Unsigned Integer as you specified in the Multistate Indicator, and it should Validate.

Stu.....
I appreciate!
thank you very much