Help logic problem light guard & conveyor

use a double light guard one on your position and one between 3 and 4
when a conveyor is running disgard the light curtain.
hang a shield with the text 'do not stand on pallet'
this way the robot can run all the time.

Since the pallet is wood maybe you could affix a strip of reflective tape to each side and sense that. Of course, that creates the problem of the tape getting damaged/messed up.

Safety mats?

There are also mats that can be placed on the floor and are safety rated for just this purpose. Although I am sure it is not "in the budget", that is another option.

Muting the curtains is the next best option.

Doug-P I apologise its not actually a pallet but rather a stack of wooden boards each could be 12mm to 30mm thick. The stack is 1 to 1.5m high and can weigh 1-2 tons. The robot separates them, bar codes,restacks them, aligns them and finally straps them at station 6 & 7. Well I am just the programmer its up to the technical director now - personally I think hardwired muting is the best option.

Last edited:
Check on the light curtain. Some already come with the connections for muting. Usually a set of horizontal beems that need to be broken in a specific way.It is also an option to run a remote mute signal for when the conv is running.
You also need to check if you need Bidirectional muting or just mute for product entering one way.There are many ways to set the mute function, but you need to check with the manual for your light curtain.