Help me understand modbus RTU

Thanks Dan!

I actually just finished a CRC function by following the MODBUS over serial line specification and implementation guide while waiting for my book to get here.

It worked with 2 bytes, but I changed it so that it now works with 4 bytes for functioncode 03 and 06, and probably more.

Come to think of it, I'm going to have to overload it so that it works with both 2 and 4 bytes to calculate the CRC of the reply, right?

Similar Topics

I have a device I am trying to collect data from via modbus into controllogix system. I am using a prosoft mvi56-mcm card and have established...
Replies
Views
Hiya, In the past I have worked with AB PLCs, Citect, DH+ but I have recently changed jobs and struggling with the changes. Sometimes dont know...
Replies
Views
this a program to send data to barcode printer I want to integrate a new printer in a new machine and i wanted to adapt the old prgram on it but I...
Replies
Views
If a programmable controller controls the operation of a motor, what connects motor control to the PC? A) Line voltage B) I/O device C) Modem D)...
Replies
Views
Okay. On a semi-impulse, I scored one of these units relatively inexpensively. A development rig upgrade over my L320ERM: 5MB user memory, 120...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom