Help on Yaskawa plc

enric_boom

Hi all:

I have a Yaskawa plc(cpu-u84-124)with programing unit
P-150. I'm looking for a software to run on a normal PC to replace this PG. Would you please help where I can get this software?

Thank you

Hi friends:

As I told you I have a scu84 yaskawa plc.To communicate with plc I use

a p_150 programming unit.I want to use a normal pc instead of this programming unit and I'm looking for a software for the pc to do the job.So simple.Any help is welcomed.

Ghodratolla Tashakori

I work a lot with Yaskawa MP900 series PLCs. I know there is GL series in existence somewhere. But I have never heard about SCU84. Sorry, there is nothing I can help with... :(

Here is what I was able to find trough Google:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Memocon-SC U84 Problem (urgent)
Oct 28, 2003 7:27 pm, by maryam moradi
Subject : PLCs
from the Automation List dept.
Text :
Dear Sir/Madam,

We have an old PLC with Yaskawa Brand in our factory that is just programmable via a PG (P150) [PLC CPU is Memocon-SC U84.]

We have just one PG and it seems that these PGs are going to be out of production.

I want to know if I could find software to program the PLC via PC, to replace the PG with a PC.

Unfortunately I didn’t found any technical document from these PLCs and any service from Yaskawa.

If you could please help me know how I can solve my problem.

Waiting for your quick reply.

Best regards

M.Moradi

----------------------------------------------------------------------
RE: Memocon-SC U84 Problem (urgent)
Oct 30, 2003 8:52 am, by Bradley Hite
Hello,

> Unfortunately I didn't found any technical document from
> these PLCs and any service from Yaskawa.

The SC U84 PLC was a modified and re-branded Modicon PLC.

> I want to know if I could find software to program the PLC
> via PC, to replace the PG with a PC.

Probably not. At one time Taylor Software had a PC based programming
software package for the U84 plcs. However, Taylor Software is no more. They were first bought by TCP and then TCP was bought by GE.

To my knowledge there is no way to get a copy of this software package. It would sure be nice if GE or whoever owns the rights to this software package now would just post the software so that it could be downloaded for use on legacy hardware like the U84.

For what it is worth I have a working copy of the ON-Line editing
software package for the U84. I also have the OFF-line package but the copy protection key for the OFF-Line package has been corrupted and I cannot restore it.

Your best bet would be to replace the U84 PLC system with a modern PLC.
If you used a Modicon PLC the program conversion would be very simple due to the fact that internally they are identical machines.

If you want more information please contact me off-list.

Bradley G. Hite
Intertech Inc
mailto:[email protected]
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, there is PC software available

There is software available from Yaskawa but it is in japanese, they might have an english version. The main thing is to contact your local Yaskawa representative, you should find more contact details at www.yaskawa.com

One thing to note, the U84 isn't supported anymore (i.e. spares could be difficult). It is possible to upgrade to the GL120 or 130 series PLC but these won't be supported for much longer either.

Anyone out there know whether the U84 (modicon clone, 984?) can be easily replaced with a more recent modicon/schneider PLC?

Thanks for all posts.To attention of the friend who asked aboat the possibility of converting a PC to a PG I must say that it is quite possible.The only thing you need is a software and use of PC serial port.Last week I converted my PC into a Westighouse Numalogic PG at
zero cost!!

I have been working with u84 for the past 14 yrs
we are using Taylor software running on DOS with
5 1/4" floppy key dics on a normal PC
if u need any specific assistance mailto:[email protected]

enric_boom said:
Hi all:

I have a Yaskawa plc(cpu-u84-124)with programing unit
P-150. I'm looking for a software to run on a normal PC to replace this PG. Would you please help where I can get this software?

Thank you

I have been working with u84 for the past 14 yrs
we are using Taylor software running on DOS with
5 1/4" floppy key dics
Recently we have interfaced one of the PLCs to a
Ethernet based SCADA throgh a RS232 to Ethernet
converter It is working fine
One company in India L&T automation has a interface card by which u can replace the CPU of latest quantum series of modicon retaining the good old I/Os

ushidayo said:
There is software available from Yaskawa but it is in japanese, they might have an english version. The main thing is to contact your local Yaskawa representative, you should find more contact details at www.yaskawa.com

One thing to note, the U84 isn't supported anymore (i.e. spares could be difficult). It is possible to upgrade to the GL120 or 130 series PLC but these won't be supported for much longer either.

Anyone out there know whether the U84 (modicon clone, 984?) can be easily replaced with a more recent modicon/schneider PLC?