Yaskawa MP940 Help Request.

flowdam

Hello,

I'm getting an A.9F error on a Sigma II servo that has the MP940 Mechatrolink attached to it.

I have purchased the Motion Works + software that the unit was programmed in and have a copy of the original program. The tech bulletin I pulled from the Yaskawa site said to monitor the mError_CPU. I did this and found the code to be 8192 which they say is a CNTR error which could be an external encoder connection or an overflow error from using a gearing function.

I have checked the cables as well as monitored the A and B external channels and I am getting feedback. Also swapped with a working drive and the problem stayed with the drive so I believe it to be an internal problem such as the overflow error. I did speak with a tech at Yaskawa that told me to check the mposition_error exceeded bit to see if it was set because this would cause an overflow error, but that bit was not set. So I called back to Yaskawa... stayed on hold for 20min., finally got a different technician who I explained my problem to, who then told me that he did not have experience with this product and that he would have someone (probably the first cat I talked to) call me back. I'm still waiting.

This is my first experience with the MotionWorks+ so I don't know much about the programming, but all I'm trying to do is get an error to clear out. I've cycled power many times with no effect. I've held the up and down arrow keys in with no effect. The main program does have a Reset Fault block, but I'm not sure how to tell if it is getting to this point in the program to reset. I thought for sure there would be some way to go in and clear faults with the software, but I sure haven't seen it.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciate. I'm stuck down here in Saltillo, Mexico without too many options.

The Sigma II manual has the following line in the "Troubleshooting" section:

A.9F I/O cable not connected (MP940 or MECHATROLINK cable disconnected).

So there. It could be a true cable problem - or you may have a faulty drive.