Beckhoff IPC with Yaskawa drive MC_HOME not working

romrot

Hi Everyone, I have a project involving a Beckhoff IPC with Twincat and a Yaskawa servo motor and drive. I'm trying to use the MC_HOME function, but I get an error returned when I try executing it.

the error I get is
Error 10/11/2023 10:05:14 AM 146 ms | 'TCNC' (500): 'UnloadAxis' (Axis-ID: 2): Axis function 'MC_SetPosition' declined with error-code 0x425d (NewActualPos: 1.200000e+01 => NewActPos: 12.000000, NewSetPos: 8.680144; SetVelo=-9.998200e+01)

Hello, and Welcome to the forums!

Beckhoff Infosys lists NC / Group Errors.
Here...

Error code (hex): 425B
Error Type: Parameter
Description:
"Slave (start) parameter is incorrect" One of the slave start/coupling parameters is not allowed (Coupling factor is zero, the master position scaling of an cam is zero, etc.).

Is this is a slave axis in an active synchronous motion (Caming, gearing) master/slave pair? I don't believe you can execute an MC_SetPosition on a slave while actively gearing or caming with a master.

It's been a few years since I used this stuff daily, and presently I do not have access to a TwinCAT system to test.

Not sure why I brain farted on MC_SetPosition instead of MC_Home,

But my question would still be the same, are you trying to execute the MC_Home while the axis in question is actively slaved to a Master Axis?

Patrick