Help with a choice of WAGO PLC needed

Nik.imagine

Hi everyone!
I'm a newbie in a PLC field, and I want to study WAGO controllers. Just for my own purpose at the beginning. I want to control some light bulbs, plug thermometer or something like this. Simple projects.

So when I begin to choose a PLC on Ebay I've found one lot that interested me. But I decide to ask professionals to look on the PLC before purchase.

Could you please tell me, what else equipment I need to begin my experiments with this controller? By what means will I plug to PC, what type of cable do I need?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270718774501&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thank you!

P.S. Maybe you know some WAGO lots on Ebay that differs from mine and suits for me better...

The item on Ebay that you found is NOT a PLC, it's just a remote I/O station with DeviceNet interface.
To you use it, you still need a PC or PLC with a Devicenet interface.
I am not familiar with Wago so I can't help you any further.

Hi everyone!
I'm a newbie in a PLC field, and I want to study WAGO controllers. Just for my own purpose at the beginning. I want to control some light bulbs, plug thermometer or something like this. Simple projects.

So when I begin to choose a PLC on Ebay I've found one lot that interested me. But I decide to ask professionals to look on the PLC before purchase.

Could you please tell me, what else equipment I need to begin my experiments with this controller? By what means will I plug to PC, what type of cable do I need?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270718774501&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thank you!

P.S. Maybe you know some WAGO lots on Ebay that differs from mine and suits for me better...

A very popular model is the 750-841. Ethernet interface onboard. Programmed with CoDeSys V2.x (NB!) Newer models has Web server abilities. Google found a document here: http://www.wago.com/wagoweb_china/public/750/eng_manu/841/m084100e.pdf

You can download CoDeSys from www.3s-software.com.

Kalle

Is there any software cost to programming the Wago line? Or is it simply a download from 3s, then maybe some target files for the actual Wago device? The new Ethernet 2.0 devices look attractive but if I have to drop $1k or whatever on software I don't see me buying one to try.

If there is a software cost, perhaps we should steer this person to a free software solution for learning? There are many... unless, of course, he has a reason to use Wago (supported at work, or whatever).

Thanks for replies, guys!!
Kalle, if I decide to buy 750-841 what should I have to buy:
1. Coupler (that is main part where I will plug my PC)
2. Some analog and digital modules
3. A terminator
4. Cable (what is the type of cable to connect PC?)

Is that all?

Robert, but as far as I know, software is free for wago. I mean CoDeSys. I have one on my PC

Hi Nik.
Contact the Wago vendor and ask for a starter kit.
As far as I can remember does it contain all you need (Power supply, 750-841, cable to set the IP adr., software, one input and one output card). I don't remember if there were any analog cards - I think not.

Kalle

If you just want to learn how to program the Wago controllers you can ask your local Wago dealer to provide you with a copy of CoDeSys Version 2.3 with the Wago specific libraries and build your program then use the simulator to test your logic. You can even use the visualization tool to build some operator screens and test all of that without even having the hardware.

Regards

they do have a fine starterkit, if at your place not available just call wago in germany www.wago.com
or me:)
the kit has all and it does 61131
simple and easy to learn.
buying extra modules is possible and cheap.