help with plc choice

daveincorpus

Hello,
Thanks in advance for your input.
I am building a simple alarm panel. It has 8 magnetic door switches and 8 corresponding 4mm leds on panel. The only other load is a sonalarm buzzer.
the only other input is a normally open contact that will close to turn on alarm, and a silence button. When alarm outputs I want the silence button to kill audible for ten minutes then reset. I want the led (visual) alarms to remain on constant until condition is fixed.

I am trying to choose a simple, cost effective, easy to program, plc for this function.

I can run 120vac to unit or install a din rail mounted 24vdc power supply.

Again, thanks for your expertise.

How important is this set up? If there is a failure what are the out comes?

Automation Direct Click series will be very cost effective and free programming.

AB Micro850 will be more expensive but also free programming.

nothing to serious. It needs to be dependable, but not a life or death situation. This new alarm will simply provide accurate information instead of the inaccuracies currently provided by humans.

can you explain the input/outputs to me?
I'm not sure if I need analog / relay outputs with such a small load as 1 micro led.
Maybe for the small buzzer only?

I Have 120vac at 60HZ available to power plc.
I can buy the magnetic door contacts at whatever voltage I need.

It is a couple hundred feet to some alarm points so I don't want voltage drop to be an issue.

The leds and buzzer are 24vdc.

8 door inputs
1 input to initialize alarm
1 input to silence buzzer

8 alarm outputs to led
1 alarm buzzer output

max
I think you are correct on the CLICK product.
i checked and it looks like the 24vdc power supply, plc controller,extrainput module, extra output module, all for $166

may need some help with the simple ladder logic program. I.m working with the click free program.

There is TONS of YouTube resources for the Click but if you have any questions I’m sure you’ll get the answers here. I’d stick with everything being DC (24VDC) for simplicity. The ladder editor can be a bit frustrating until you learn the tricks, like trying to branch, but it is extremely simple.

I want the lights to be ON when doors are closed, and individually go off when doors are open more than 15 seconds. the buzzer should alarm any time a door light is off. the silence button should stop the buzzer for 10 minutes then come back on until door is shut.

I am really struggling to write the ladder for this in CLICK.

can anyone help me?

i know the door switches all need a 15 second start timer.
and the buzzer/silence needs a 10 minute stop timer.

please advise

If someone doesn’t get to it first I’ll try to write something quick tomorrow. Are you getting stuck at any point or just struggling to get started? Have you written any ladder logic before?

QVq8917.jpg