Help with Analog BTR MSG instruction

Thanks John,
i get what your saying completely, and believe me learning this is my path to spending more time with the family. i'm moving from a job that keeps me flying all over the planet about 40% of the time installing and supporting our batch systems... this new opprotunity will let me be home and make almost twice as much. Only problem is i'm walking into this plant to take over support... by myself... and theres noone else there who knows the system. and its a pretty good size plant with several AB HMI's and 5 big 6-axis robotic arms and a whole lot of VFD's and on an on with control logix processors and cabinets full of 1794 flex IO... its daunting to say the least but they recruited me for this by hearing how good I was from other companies i'd worked with.... so i feel like i better not let them down.

i like that... Knowledge is knowing you know nothing :)

Good for you.

It sound like an exciting time for you!!, I wish you and your new family the very best.

Like that huh, It's a quote for "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure"

Hang it over your door at work, makes people think twice when they talk to you.

Good Luck

Success! at least i think.
I Removed my descrete modules and went with just the analog combo and after playing with the input/output word size in rsnetworks a bit i finally saw a bunch of 1's and 0's in local:I.[0] I didnt have time to decipher it all because my wife limits me to just an hour or so a day. One question i have is what is the difference between "safe state" and "configuration" in the word size properties of the module in RSNETWORKS?
And John, I totally get your point... and the whole reason i'm doing all this is to spend more time with my family in the long run. Currently my job entails traveling all over the globe installing and supporting concrete batching systems. i just took a new position at a fairly large plant supporting all the PLC/HMI/Electrical systems....basically on my own...and there is no one currently there to explain the systems to me... their old guy quit a few months ago. this plant is using tons of controllogix processors, tons of flex IO, 5 big 6-axis robotic arms and tons of VFD's and other equipment. My experience with allen bradley and ladder logic is only about 3 months deep... these guys came looking for me because they heard good things about me from companies i've worked with in my current role.... and i dont want to prove them wrong. not to mention the pay is twice as much and i can stay at home with my family. I was a boyscout... always be prepaired.

oh and i love your quote "Knowledge is knowing you know nothinkg :)

thanks everyone... without your response i'd still be chasing a message instruction.

i'm editing this because i didnt think my first reply actually posted lol sorry for the duplicate data

Last edited:
Its all good. Glad you liked it.

Ha Ha, wife limits your play time.

Hows the new I/O module working out. lots more O's then I's huh?