Help with Red Lion DSPLE to Compact Logix

Hey guys,

I'm trying to communicate with a Red Lion DSPLE and a Compact Logix L35E

I have set up the DSPLE to use the Allen-Bradley DF1 Master via PCCC/EIP driver.

The reason I'm using this driver and not Native Tag Addressing is because I'm mapping data from two Red Lion C48 counters connected via RS485 to the Ethernet port, and I don't think it is possible with any other driver.

In the L35E, what MSG type should I be using?

I have set it up to do SLC Typed Read/Write messages but it is getting an error "Class or instance not supported".

I have tried a few combinations and can't get it to work.

I've attached the programs for reference.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Hmm.. looks like I've got it working on the test bench using Native Tag Addressing now. I originally thought I couldn't use this method.

I have comm's between the DSPLE and the L35E now anyway, and have verified that I can change tag values in the PLC and it reflects in the DSPLE tags.

Don't have any counters here I can hook up to test, so I hope the data will be passed through properly to them via RS485.

I've attached the updated programs anyway if someone that has done this before is able to verify what I'm trying to do is correct.