Help with the IP Address...

The 820 does have a serial port, but you will need to make the cable as you have screw connections on the 820.

The issue with that is that you need to configure the port before it can be used, by default its not usable, so you would need to download the project via Ethernet port before you can use the serial port... so odds are they can not use the serial port if they do not know the IP address.

The issue with that is that you need to configure the port before it can be used, by default its not usable, so you would need to download the project via Ethernet port before you can use the serial port... so odds are they can not use the serial port if they do not know the IP address.

As a followup to this post I connected the Serial cable to a brand new out of box Micro 820 Controller and did an auto configure using RSLinx.

The attached picture shows the results.

So, if you cannot connect via Ethernet you can always connect via Serial and then setup the Ethernet once connected.

820_Config.jpg 820_Serial.jpg

download wireshark and winpcap. then plug your micro820 directly into your laptop.

4 years since start of thread. Solved my issue today, 2023.

Wireshark was the solution i used.

Plug in anywhere on your network. Likely easier to find if plugged directly into your PC though.

The mac address is printed on the sticker on the side of micro820.

The micro820 will be broadcasting. Search for the mac address in the "source" column.

If you are certain the device is not on the same network, look out for a source IP address outside of the network.

Hi everyone....

I need your help, I don't know what is the IP address from my Allen Bradley Micro820, has a fault and I need go online to check it and fix it do you know how can find the IP Address?

I will like to hear you soon...

google WIRESHARK and GARP