Help with the real clock of S7-200 PLC Siemens

johnpapa22

Hello to everyone!!! I have a problem in programming a plc. The plc i use is the siemens S7-200 CPU221. The problem is that i don't know how to read from its real clock the time and have an output at 6:00AM every day. I also want the output to be on until 6:03am. Does anyone kwow how to do this? I use the microwin 4 for the programming.
I would be very grateful if someone would give me a ready example.

You will need to use the READ_RTC to read out the time and use SET_RTC to set the clock.

When you read out the clock it will store the date and time as follows;
Byte Description
0 year (0-99) current year (BCD value)
1 month (1-12) current month (BCD value)
2 day (1-31) current day (BCD value)
3 hour (0-23) current hour (BCD value)
4 minute (0-59) current minute (BCD value)
5 second (0-59) current second (BCD value)
6 00 reserved – always set to 00
7 day of week (1-7) current day of the week, 1=Sunday (BCD value)

Last edited:
Don't forget to actually add the real time clock (i'm sure it's optional on the S7221 & S7222 cpu's)...