Help with the sequencer (sqo)

Mr. Robot,
I used to have a program that flashed lights like that, but I can't remember exactly how it went. I think it may have used a SQO instruction and a Divide instruction, or something like that???? It could have been for an Allen Bradley but I am not sure????

But from what i've heard past classes have had trouble getting our trainers to work with RSLogix,...
I know this is true! Every beginning class has trouble getting RSLogix to run...in any fashion on any machine! After all, that is the whole point of the course, to teach you how to make it work.

It may be that the trainer PLC is not so much to blame as is having an instructor that is not really interested in teaching this stuff, and a bunch of students that are even less interested in learning it!

Just an update on this project. I did end up getting rslogix but can't seem to get it to work and its also a demo that expires in a week so i don't want to risk losing time because i only have a little over a week before this project is due.

I have had success creating unique sequences for different parts of the song and got it synced up pretty nicely. Memory shouldn't be a problem since this trainer i'm using can have up to 255 integer tables with 255 words each. I only need like 26 tables and at most 128 words for each 4 measure sequence..

What is the problem is having to enter all that data into those tables. The handheld is extremely slow in that one 128 word table takes me 15 minutes to enter. I took OkiePC's advice and created an excel spreadsheet that let me enter binary for 16 outputs and then converting it to decimal. Even in decimal it is still very tedious with the handheld.

so yea, i should be able to get this done in the week. I'll be sure to try and put up a video of the finished sequence as i'll be recording it... thanks for everyone's help

Dave, It must have took a little longer than a week! Did you just lose interest in making the video?