help with uploading from pvp to factory talk

stu

I have a screen panelview plus which I don't have the program can I connect and upload the apa thanks stu

You will actually be uploading the .mer file. The .apa file was created by Studio as an archive. Whether you can turn the .mer file back into the application files depends on the firmware version and whether the orginal creator of the .mer file allowed it. There is a technote on how to recover SOME of the files, if you can't restore the files from the .mer file.

I'm having Similar issues, I did managed to import the file and transfer the old program to the panel view 600 plus, but can not communicate with the PLC. I might be missing a step in the process of conversion to mer.

teocal so you uploaded the .mer file from one PV+ and you downloaded it to another PV+?
Did you select replace communications and run application on start-up?
Are both PV+ the same firmware?

Hope this helps and Welcome to the Forum

Also being new I can understand posting in a current thread but in the future please start a new post so the OP post isn't hijacked.

Last edited:
No, and that's part of the problem.

Follow the link that Paul provided, and/or explain the exact versions of software and firmware you're dealing with.

Rule #1 of deploying PanelView Plus applications is the SHIP THE ARCHIVE FILE WITH THE DAMN MACHINE !

Rule #1 of deploying PanelView Plus applications is the SHIP THE ARCHIVE FILE WITH THE DAMN MACHINE !

I second this for anything programmable or modifiable from the state that it is supplied. ALL modifications (PLC/Display programs, drive settings, DIP switch positions, pot settings) must be written down (or other appropriate storage) with a copy of all the information preserved by the OEM and another copy sent with the machine.

But this doesn't help unless the end user has a method for properly preserving and cataloging this information. I am convinced that there is a wastebasket at each plant where all documentation for a new machine is thrown as it first comes through the doors. "Why, we never got ANYTHING like that."

The purchaser of a machine must insist that all this information is provided as a part of any contract. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL A MACHINE BREAKS TO START LOOKING FOR THE DOCUMENTATION.

I'm having Similar issues, I did managed to import the file and transfer the old program to the panel view 600 plus, but can not communicate with the PLC. I might be missing a step in the process of conversion to mer.

what kind of plc? if it was using the kepware drivers you would need to flash the firmware to install the proper drivers.

hi guys i have found a archive file of a project which i have tried to open but all i get is this error come up any ideas, i have attached a picture

Untitled.png

Anytime you import, merge, or do anything comms related, go to the shortcut for the target device (i forget how they're named) and touch it, make sure the link provided is a valid shortcut matching the IP on the hardware (which must be manually set on the touchscreen) and hit Apply. Do this even if it looks right, touch it, click the link in the who window, hit apply, and you can verify it I think only if connected with that PC to the same network...not sure..

Hello Bob O. and Okie PC
I'm new at this and having some trouble replying.
What we are planning to do is slowly replace all the old panel view 600s & 550s to the new one that we're buying wich is the 600+ and transfer the programs.
I got the program on the 600+ but cannot communicate with a PLC 1000 micrologix.
You guys think I'm missing a step or I nned to change some settings on the PLC program as well.
Thanks for your help

hi guys i have found a archive file of a project which i have tried to open but all i get is this error come up any ideas, i have attached a picture

still having no luck opening this file, do i have to connected to the plc