Here we go again (LOTO of control power)

I hear you oldman. I am glad this place I am going to quit soon has not started on the arc-flash stuff yet. But for a guy who claims to know all about LOTO to come up with a way to avoid verifying it by drilling a hole in a disconnect?!?!?! and for the boss of my team to think its a great idea!.. That's it. too much ignorance for me... I did go over the top with the time bomb comments. I secretly wanted them to fire me...somewhere deep inside...It is better this way, I should give a notice and have a good reference from them.

The whole arc flash safety is another reason I am about done with this field. I would like to go into the oilfield if I stay in this line of work. I would like to be able to work with PLCs and HMIs again and use my autocad skills...Those skills are not being used now. Heck, they will not even provide me with a wire labeller! So the excess of stoopidity that surrounds my current employer goes beyond things I have mentioned so far. I have slept and prayed about it many times and wake up more convinced that I am done with this company. Done...

I did start off on the wrong foot with them, so next time I will keep my ideas quiet and opinions totally silent about how the business is run for a minimum of three months. Whether I am a janitor in a day care or a new tech for some oilfield services company or a fisher of men and electrons on a boat, I will learn to trap my shut....Or try to learn to trap it better.

Hey man, lesson learned. I have done the same thing at a job before. I had great success from a business sense, but everyone ended up hating me. Bottom line: you can't save the world. Just make sure you cover YOUR P's and Q's. Let the others worry about themselves. I doubt they begged you to come work there. It is great that you want to improve conditions, but change has to come in small doses.