High speed counter s7-1200

Nomis3

Hello everyone,

I got a question about the High speed counter

It needs to move out a slide when the count reaches 100pules, and it needs to move back in when its at 360pulses, can someone maybe explain me how i can start a function with the high speed counter?

I've tried the comparator operation functions but every time it skips the 100, i guess its to fast to handle.

Before you gone ask, i did read the s7-1200 easy book, also i googled a lot already but without any results

With kind regards,
Nomis

Good Morning,

Use a Hardware Interruption of the digital input, and a interrupt OB to evaluete the signal and move your slide out and again to move back in.

Have A Good Day
Tom

Dear Tom,

Thanks for the response, in my countery it just got night :) and i'll go to bed pretty soon, but a good morning to you to sir!

I got that far, I used a hardware interrupt when the CV is equel to the RV (set in the device configuration)

Only problem is that it keeps giving a signal so when it reaches the 100pulses for the secondtime it doens't start the interrupt again.

I hope you can help me futher, i've been on it for almost 2 weeks now and everone on the internet tells its so easy to configurate but i just can't get it working. I asked some of my co-workers but they coudn't help me too :unsure:..

With kind regards,
Simon

In the Interrupt do you set the current value of the counter to zero and give it a new Set Point. You don't just have to set the values you also have to set the binary inputs to cause it to accept the new values.

Oke, i understand that for so far..

But my problem still is how to stop the hardware interrupt when it is finished? so it can start again when it reaches the 100pulses

Thanks for helping me this far.

with kind regards,
Simon

The block called by the interrupt runs once each time it is called. The program you put in the interrupt block should be as short as possible. If the interrupt is called quicker than the cycle time of you program then you have a serious problem.

Sorry, but i don't get the first part,

I configurated the HSC that if the CV is equal to RV than the hardware interrupt must start. this works fine, only it needs to stop again, now the output stays high (at the moment i only got a output function for testing)

Should i configurate it otherwise?

The way you have programmed it the HSC can only operate once. You need "CTRL_HSC_0_DB" inside your interrupt, when it triggers you at least clear the CV or the counter by giving it a new value at NEW_CV and setting digital input CV. Don't think about the slide part for now just concentrate on getting the HSC to work properly. I will try to 'play' myself a bit later though life is rather busy at the moment.