"Hirschmann Rail Switch"

gherz817

Somebody know or using a "Hirschmann Rail Switch(RS2 FX-SM/FX-SM)?
M yquestion are; Do i need a configuration software to configure my network? 2. Can i connect directly to rail switch using my latop and communicate to the PLC's/PC's in the other end of my network? my network setup is 1 rail switch connected to 2 transceivers and to the fiber optics splice box.I need a clear and brief instruction. I got headache on this...

Thanks in advance!

gherz817

Thanks.
So you mean that no need for an internal software configuration? When I connect two PC's to a rail switch then both have a communication and see each other?

I've used the RS2-TX which are umnaged switches, no configuration software needed.
Plug in the cables (use the grouped ports)and if everything is setup right your network will be functional.
Be carefull though, the DIP switches must be set in the front of the RS2.
The spec sheet also mentions something about BOOT-TP which I assume is used to set the internal port of the switch for port monitoring. Not sure if that will affect you in any way but it is there.