Historical trend on an Siemens MP270

Ned_Flanders

I currently have a trend graph on a MP270 to display 3 values of flow.

I would like to view historical data, say going back a week. On a "Proface" screen this is straightforward to do, writing the values to a flash card, then having a "Display CF card" button to retrieve the data.

The MP screen has a memory card slot but although the manual has "Historical trends" and "Archive tags" in the help , it doesn't actually TELL you how to do it!

Any tips greatfully recieved.

Thanks, Markie

PM box is full. I have gotten tired of emptying it. I just let it run full now.
Phil, can I charge for answering PMs ?

Anyway....

I think archiving is free with Protool. Also on panels.

Create connection.

Create an Archive. Let the data source be "tags". Let the storage location be "file", Path name be "\Storage Card\ProCSVarc".

Create tags. Open the properties of the relevant tags, and go to the "Archive" tab. Select the available archive. Set the trigger to be not too frequent (30 seconds maybe ?). You are writing to a flash card with limited write cycles.

Create a screen.
Add a trend to the screen.
Open the properties of the trend.
add a new curve to the trend. Open the properties of the Curve, set trend type to "history trend", Source to "archive", Archive name to the previosuly defined archive, Archive entry to the previously defined tag.

I think that is all.

Be sure to insert a flash card in the panel before you run the application !