Cannot select historical tag as pen option in historical trend in windowviewer

JCGarmz

I'm having a problem with the historical trend from InTouch

I'm working with an InTouch 11 View application. The PLC tags are stored in a Wonderware Historian server, The title bar of the application is SMC

In InTouch I want to use a Historical Trend to analyze trends. In development mode I can select a tags from the historian server for each pen. But the client wants 4 trends that can be modified by the crews. When i create the trend, and enable "change at runtime":, when i edit the pens in an Window viewer session, I can only select local tags, there is no option to navigate to the historian tags i can choose in window maker.

Any help on this would be great as I have been trying for a while to find an answer on the internet and I do not know where to look or how else wo phrase my inquiry.

Thanks

The historical trend object cannot view historian tags.

If they want to view the tags on the historian you have to use the Active factory trend client, either as the seperate application (if installed) or embedded into your application as an ActiveX.

Based on your query, I would suggest the separate application.
At the active factory trend/query clients installed on the runtime PC.?

The other option is to just log the tags inside the InTouch application & use the Historical trend object.

Thanks for your replies.

Yes they have requested some trends with particular tags, which I have made. I will look into the Active Factory Trend Client!

Look at tech note 154. You have to script the pens to a historian tag.

If you want to be able to select a historian tagname with a pen like you do with local tags, it will require a little more scripting; make sure the local tagname are the same as on the historian, script the selected tagname by adding a prefix of the historian provider name and a "." i.e. "InSQLData.tagname".