HMI Breaker status color

We have just done a SCADA following a style guide which required normal/nominal running conditions as white, inactive as grey, manual/hand as yellow and faulted as red. Amongst a host of other requirements, we were also asked to remove any branding and graphic styling from the menus and borders.

I didn't like it, but I did understand it. The rationale behind white as running is when you have operators staring at massive SCADA setups all day; you don't want to distract them or fatigue them with stimulus that doesn't need attention drawn to it.

As soon as some organization writes standards for HMI's every one of us will be required to have official training that organization mandates and then get certified by them for their standards.

I went through QS9000 certification about 1998 and have helped customers with QS and ISO, plus worked at a circuit board shop that has about 6 other certifications for circuit boards.

A shop of 160 employees had 6 office staff working solely on keeping up with certifications