HMI button sticking on

We use OnMouseUp to eliminate this issue with Cimplicity HMI (v8.2) for points that need toggled on or off. For momentary switches, we use OnMouseDown to send a 1, and OnMouseUp to send a 0. Have never had any issues.

With older versions (v6.0 and earlier) we had some of these troubles, and had to provide PLC logic to overcome it...

It doesn't matter what brand of software or hardware you are using. It can happen with any of them. It can be worse with some combinations, but like I said earlier, you could lose just one packet across the communication link, and the "send a zero" message will never get across.

Yupp I've had it on an old quickpanel. Plant was shutting down but no alarms were coming through to the operator. took me a while but I found the reset pushbutton on the screen was doing it. used 1 shot and operator has been happy since. very tricky to figure out sometimes.