Siemens tia hmi alarm button to flash

stu

Hi
I’m trying to work out how to get the alarm button to flash when there is an alarm or do I have it that the alarm page pops up with the alarm ?
I have used a db for the alarms and there is no way of showing me there is an alarm with out pressing the alarm page ? I’m using a double word db2.dbw0 - dbw3 I think

Is there an internal bit that I have to use if there is an error to flash the button or do I need to create an alarm bit to do this ?
Would I have to compare the dbw and if not 0 then input to flash the light

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi
I’m trying to work out how to get the alarm button to flash when there is an alarm or do I have it that the alarm page pops up with the alarm ?
I have used a db for the alarms and there is no way of showing me there is an alarm with out pressing the alarm page ? I’m using a double word db2.dbw0 - dbw3 I think

Is there an internal bit that I have to use if there is an error to flash the button or do I need to create an alarm bit to do this ?

Thanks

Which HMI?

Do you mean like this?
This is from a KTP1200 Basic (same as yours but bigger screen).
Select the item, then select "Animation" > Appearance and "Flashing".

Flash a-aahh.png

Last edited:
Hi

Thanks

For your question that is there any way to show that active alarms is present.

Yes there is a way, you can add alarm indicator to global screen, that will popup on any screen when active alarms is on.

Otherwise i think the only way to get alarm button to blink is to generate alarms status in PLC side, like you said.

Last edited:
hi
the alarm page button in the picture is what i was thinking about to have flashing

but the pop up is interesting , how does that work

siemens hmi qr reader.png

Put an alarm indicator on the global screen (found under Screen Management).

It will appear over the screen, and flash when there are active alarms. You can assign a function to it on the click event to go to your alarm page.

I'd like to share my experience with the alarm popups from the older MP series. They often pop up at the most inopportune times. The operator will ack the alarms and go to do something and it'll pop up again. The spot on the touch screen where the "X" to close the popup was ended up heavily scratched up just from so much over-use. I would lean strongly towards using the animation to blink the button or change the background color of the screen or something. To have it flash, you can do the "word(s) <> 0" comparison in the PLC to turn on a single bit that the HMI reads.

Ok thanks I will try that thank you .
If I have db2.dbw0 , db2.dbw1, db2.dbw2, db2.dbw3 would I do a not equal to zero bit to activate the alarm trigger (flashing)

You do realize that word sized variables increments with 2 bytes ?
Bytes: db2.dbb0, db2.dbb1, db2.dbb2, db2.dbb3
Words: db2.dbw0 , db2.dbw2, db2.dbw4, db2.dbw6 etc.
Doublewords: db2.dbd0, db2.dbd4, db2.dbd8, db2.dbd12

If you need a bit for indicating at least one alarm present, you can compare WORDs with not equal to W#16#0.
For more words, just OR several compares.

Sorry Jesper I was multi tasking that didn’t work &#55357;&#56834;. Yeah I realise that thanks I will have a look at the alarm indicator and the word compare
Thanks stu

They often pop up at the most inopportune times.

yeahhhhh. I know I said to use the popup, but this is a great point. it can be really annoying. I think JUST the indicator isn't too bad, but if you have the whole alarm window popup (like the stupid wizard does), that gets annoying fast.

Just wanted to add that the alarm indicator for the global screen is movable during runtime. This is for comfort panels though