HMI Display

When you say HMI, I assume you mean an operator panel with dedicated hardware (C-More, Red Lion, Maple Systems, PanelViews, etc). Not a SCADA or HMI software running on a PC. The PC opens a lot of options, but with costs.

Nearly all the vendors for operator panels use VNC technology, which have the problem you want to avoid.
Pro-face can do what you are asking, but I have not personally tried that feature. Only works on Android or iOS phone/tablet.
PanelView Plus can show different screens local and remote. Their feature is ViewPoint, but not every PanelView Plus offers it and the remote access client (web browser) only works with a desktop Windows OS.

Things to note:
(1)The remotely viewed displays will increase network traffic and CPU/Memory usage on the local operator panel. Make sure that doesn't affect the local operator panel or bottleneck communications with the control system.
(2)The operator panels out there today were not designed with remote access in mind. They are add-on features with limited capabilities, the easiest way by using open source code VNC. I wouldn't expect much to change unless they release all new software, or major updates (both costly to the vendor).
(3)If you move to a PC solution, all your problems are solved. But it comes with costs in complexity, time, and money. Very situation dependent and many options there.

There are a lot of operator panel vendors out there, maybe someone else has found one that does remote access well? But not from the top vendors.

I had this same problem and was able to use FactoryTalk Viewpoint from Rockwell. It takes your PanelView Runtime file and makes it into a web page for realtime viewing. If i remember correctly i think it came with Factory Talk View Studio.

Either way you go. There will be more money involed.