hmi profibus s7

seee

Hi,

I want to connect my HMI(tp177) by PROFIBUS DP.
Do i have to set up any configuration? Because now it doesn't work.

I put a profibus dp network in my connections connected to my CPU315-2DP and my other station.
The cpy must be the master!
Where do i set up the configuration?

This is my first experience with profibus

Can somebody help me please?

Thanks in advance

What software are you working with?

With Step 7 v5 and wincc flex add cpu and hmi to your project, connect them to same profibus network (net pro).
Go to wincc flex connection an create connection to your cpu there.
In think in this case both CPU(class1) and HMI(class 2) will be masters.
Maybe it is possible to configure hi as slave with gsd file, but im not sure.

Both CPU and TP must be in the same integrated STEP7 project.
Setup the HW config of both CPU and TP so they are connected to the same Profibus network.
Then in WinCC Flexible connection dialog, you can browse for partners and select the 315 CPU as the partner.
That is all.

NB. Technically speaking both S7 CPU and TP will then be Profibus masters. This is normal for HMIs, they are normally not Profibus Slaves.

hello.
thanks a lot for your replies.
what should i do if i want to connect the hmi
to the cpu on mpi network? should i use netpro in this case?
thanks.

Are you sure?
are you mean that if i want to connect an hmi
with mpi to s7 cpu it should be added to mpi bus?
what about third party hmi?(it can not be add to mpi bus!)
thanks.

Of course it is possible to connect HMI without integrating it to Step7 project than won't be able to do net pro config.