Honeywell Multitrend SX Digital Output

baghuan

I am trying to use the scripting functions in a Honeywell Multitrend SX to set digital outputs based on digital input status. Scripting is enabled, and I have managed to set other parameters using conditional logic but the DO is escaping me.

Pseudocode would be:

If DI 1 is off and DI 2 is off and DI 3 is off then turn DO 19 on.

My actual code is:

IF ((DI[1]==0) && (DI[2]==0) && (DI[3]==0))
{
SETD[19,1];
RETURN A30;
}
ELSE
{
SETD[19,0];
RETURN A30;
}

I have managed to use the SETD command outside of an IF statement, but only using parentheses, (). I have tried parentheses withing the IF statement and it rejects the format as invalid. I have also managed to assign values to pens from within an IF statement that contains my SETD command, so I know I am within the IF loop, but the SETD just does not happen. It's almost like the SETD command has a different syntax or some other parameter I am missing. Any thoughts? Are there any resources beyond the Honeywell manual for learning how to program this thing?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Long shot: Is DO 19 actually pre-configured as an output? Those 24V DI/DO's are configurable. Could you be trying to set a DO that is configured as a DI?

Can you run a simple script that just sets DO 19 to see if it sets to 1?

Good thought but...

It is actually a DO. And I can in fact set it, just not from within an IF statement, with one caveat. It does not set when coded as per their manual. If I write the script:

SETD[19,1]; RETURN A30; nothing happens. If I write SETD(19,1); RETURN A30; all is well and DO 19 is set. I tried to use the () within the if in place of the [], but it rejects that.

I called Honeywell tech support, they didn't have an answer either but are looking into it. Any more input is welcome, and when I eventually get an answer I will post it here for posterity.