Honeywell Multitrend SX media format

Swedishnutz

This is more of a knowledge base post as opposed to a question. Hopefully somebody can learn from my issue. We've recently installed a Honeywell Multitrend SX paperless chart recorder in our water treatment plant. When trying to export any data to CF cards, I received the error message of "scheduled export failed - could not create export folder". In the messages on the recorder, it was displayed that the recorder "could not create split export folder", and would not export any data to my CF card. I formatted the card on my PC, but didn't know the name or type of folder that needed to be created. I decided to try a USB key instead. The recorder says it only reads USB 1.1 drives, but I had no problem using a USB 2.0 4GB drive. You have to power the unit down and back on with the USB drive installed in whichever slot you'll use in order for the recorder to see the drive. It seems to be hot swappable after the initial power down, but would not recognize the drive pre-powercycle. After start up I tried the "export now" feature with success using the USB drive. The folder created was called R****** with the * being the serial number from the recorder. You can find the serial number by going into Menu>Status>System>General. Once that folder was created on the USB drive I copied onto the CF card using my PC, and no longer had any issue exporting to either device. I hope this helps somebody with their troubles, there's not a whole lot of support out there for these recorders without paying for it.

This is more of a knowledge base post as opposed to a question. Hopefully somebody can learn from my issue.
Super, thanks for the input. I commissioned one yesterday that rejected (failed to recognize) 3 different USB flash drives, although it had no problem exporting to the CF card. I didn't think to insert a USB on power up. I'll try that.

I formatted the card on my PC, but didn't know the name or type of folder that needed to be created.
Here's what the manual says. I have no clue what TFAT is, do you?

108bl3t.jpg

I decided to try a USB key instead. The recorder says it only reads USB 1.1 drives, but I had no problem using a USB 2.0 4GB drive. You have to power the unit down and back on with the USB drive installed in whichever slot you'll use in order for the recorder to see the drive. It seems to be hot swappable after the initial power down, but would not recognize the drive pre-powercycle. After start up I tried the "export now" feature with success using the USB drive.
Good suggestion, thanks again for passing it on.

Dan

I've never heard of or used TFAT, Windows didn't even offer that as a format to use for the card. Once the recorder powered on with the USB installed, there was no problem getting it to recognize any other USB drive without a power cycle.